Books read, January-February 2020
I’m trying to do a better job tracking what I’ve been reading. Here’s a start.
Key: ✅ finished; 👍🏽 recommended; 🤯 blew my mind; 🔀 non-linear reading; 😒 meh
- Cynthia Cruz, Disquieting: Essays on Silence (Book*hug, 2019) ✅👍🏽🤯
- Margarita García Robayo, Fish Soup (Charco Press, 2018, tr. Charlotte Coombe) 😒
- The Desert Fathers: Sayings of the Early Christian Monks (Penguin Books, 2003, tr. Benedicta Ward) 🔀🤯
- Jenny Odell, How to Do Nothing: Resisting the Attention Economy (Melville House, 2019) ✅👍🏽
- Elinor Ostrom, Governing the Commons: The Evolution of Institutions for Collective Action (Cambridge UP, 1990)