The always groundbreaking Brooklyn Museum has now released an API to allow the public to interact with their collections data. I can't even tell you how happy I am about this in terms of an open data perspective. Also, this is the direction that makes the whole "detailed curation by passionate amateurs" thing possible.
There are only three simple methods for accessing the data. Ideally, it would be nice to see them put their collections metadata up as linked data, but now I'm daring to dream a little. Hey, wait a minute! I think that's the perfect way to start playing around with the API. Doing some digging through the documentation, I'm seeing that all the objects and creators seem to have URIs. Take a crack at it - the registration form is ready for you.
In preparation for the upcoming WorldCat Hackathon starting this Friday, I've made a few changes to worldcat, my Python module for interacting with OCLC's APIs. Most notably, I've added iterators for SRU and OpenSearch requests, which (like the rest of the module) painfully need documentation. It's available either via download from my site or via PyPI; please submit bug reports to the issue tracker as they arise.
EDIT: I've bumped up the version number another micro number to 0.1.1 as I've just added the improvements mentioned by Xiaoming Liu on the WorldCat DevNet Blog (LCCN query support, support for tab-delimited and CSV responses for xISSNRequests, and support for PHP object responses for all xIDRequests).
EDIT: Thanks to Thomas Dukleth, I was told that code for the Hackathon was to be licensed under the BSD License. Accordingly, I've now dual licensed the module under both GPL and BSD.